Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Personalizing A Song

 

This is something that I picked up watching the last episode of American Idol. I noticed a lot of participants being booted out because the judges could not see their personalities come through when they are singing.

Being booted out at that level because of this reason is not good. So I thought to test it out on myself. Luckily Singorama came to rescue again.

Most of the other courses I have been following teach only the technical aspects of how to learn a song. While the technical aspects are essential, they certainly aren’t as much fun as putting your stamp on a piece of music. With Singorama I found that I could learn how to personalize a song so that it does not looks like a recitation.

Your emotions and personality should be brought out clearly of the song you are singing and that is what drew me towards singing in first place. After all when we sing, we first sing for ourselves than for our audience. Never try to reverse this order. It has been one of the first things I have been taught!